Alright, so I figure if I have to blog everyday I’m going to start having a theme for each day, that way coming up with what to blog about won’t be so complicated. So this is the format I’m going to (try to) follow from now on!
Makeover Monday – Makeovers on people, of course!
Top 10 Tuesday – Top 10 lists of things, anything from restaurants to lipgloss to places to visit.
Wisdom Wednesday – Quotes + Advice from people way wiser than me.
Thankful Thursday – I’m gonna try and profile a different person in my life each week. Someone I’m thankful for (get it).
Favorite Friday – My favorite things I’m loving that week.
Style Saturday – Outfit breakdowns + style tips.
Lazy Sunday – Posts will be random and about literally anything (hence the laziness). So probably pictures of my dog.
**Days are subject to change with no notice or reason. Because I’m a woman and that’s what we do.
Here’s to 100 days, people.
SO, all that being said. Here are my Top 10 Soups for a Rainy Day. It’s raining/gloomy here today so I reached really deep into creativity for this one.
10) Tomato Soup is number 10 on this list because I don’t like tomato soup but it’s a cult classic for rainy days. Blake Royer actually made this Tomato Basil Soup look like something I would eat, so who knows I might just try it out!
9) I’ve never been to New England but I imagine that it would be as pretty as this clam chowder soup tastes. J. Kenji Lopez takes this soup to a whole other level and if he wants to come cook this for me at my house, I wouldn’t be mad.
8) Maybe chinese food doesn’t sound like rainy day cuisine to you, but to me it screams it. This Egg Drop soup is the perfect thing that I want to cuddle up and watch the Notebook with.
7) If you don’t like using your slow cooker, you’re weird. I am all about convenience in life which is why I am in love with this slow cooker chili recipe. Give me some tortilla chips and I am down for the entire day.
6) Okay before you go all “ew, squash soup?” on me…don’t knock it till you try it. The first time I had squash soup was on a cruise and I have been hooked ever since. Seriously people, just try it. Brown Eyed Baker made me want to eat this soup…like yesterday. It’s perfect for a rainy day or any cold day you have!
5) Okay I’ll admit it. I love Olive Garden. I love the breadsticks, the soup, the salad…I love everything. But sometimes I want to eat my soup in sweatpants or maybe even no pants. Baking with Blondie made that a possibility with this incredible Chicken and Gnocchi recipe, I cannot wait to try it out!
4) So this is one of the two recipes that Pioneer Woman will have on this list. Can you blame me? The woman is incredible. This chicken tortilla soup is something that I wish I could eat everyday, forever. My taste buds are watering as a I type.
3) I think all comfort food automatically brings up potatoes. Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, anything. So there’s no doubt in my mind that potato soup belongs on this list. Jenna over at Eat, Live, Run gave us the key to the taste bud gods with this soup.
2) Give me this soup. And give it to me right now. I have an unhealthy relationship with Broccoli Cheddar soup & I’m not afraid to admit it. I will be making this for dinner tonight. Miss Yammie has absolutely done the whole world a big favor by creating this heavenly soup.
1) Chicken Noodle Soup will always be #1 in my heart. The Pioneer Woman is the queen of life and also this soup. Why haven’t they invented computers that make the food that’s on your screen, yet?
That’s my top 10 for today, people. Have a good day! Unless you have warm weather right now, then I’m mad at you and I hope you get a sunburn